Sicilian Flavors – Italy
6 Day walking tour with Linda Kriel & Dr Adriaan in the south of Italy: Sicily and Aeolian islands.
Sicily is a tourist’s dream! Known for its nice warm weather, with dreamy beaches, rich arts and culture and amazing food! (Scroll down to see details of the tour).
1 – 7 September 2022
Information by Dr Gianni Stangellini of Italy who organise all my Italy trips:
TOUR AT A GLANCE
• Linda Kriel, Fitness Expert and TV presenter from South Africa will join you on the walk together with Dr Adriaan and a local Italian tour guide who will be leading the tour.
Note: This walking tour is NOT only for ladies, and the additional exercises by Linda is optional.
The usual Italy walking tours are a 2+ on a base of 1 = easy to 5 = strenuous, BUT during this tour we also cater for fitter people. Linda Kriel will make sure the fit people get enough exercise, while the moderate fit can walk with Doctor Adriaan and the guide. Important: You must be able to walk moderate pace for about 3 hours. Unfit people walk slow pace; moderate fit walk faster and fit people can walk fast and even take a jog. The walks are all in amazing scenery.
- 6 night stay at fine hotels
- All breakfasts; 5 lunches; 5 dinners. Local wine is always included with lunches and dinners
- Transportation along the tour
- 1 local guide
- Optional: personal consultation with Linda about fitness and weight loss – during walks.
- Stretching before and after walks, and optional toning throughout the walk. Linda caters for ALL fitness levels.
- Dr Adriaan can advise on health issues like cholesterol; diet; insulin resistance etc. He will be walking with the group.
- Entrance tickets for all the special events
- Boat ride
- Tourist tax (it’s a payment made to the local authority of the area in which a tourist buys accommodation)
2350 € (+- R39 000.00 depending on exchange rate) PER PERSON SHARING ROOM
2890 € SINGLE ROOM
100 € discount for customers who’ve walked with Linda in Italy before.
DEPOSIT: Credit card charge of 150 € per person to confirm your booking. Remainder of payment 65 days ahead of tour beginning date. The deposit is fully refundable if you cancel 95 days ahead of tour beginning. The deposit is fully transferable to any 7 or 8 day Walk About Italy tour within 2 years if you cancel 65 days ahead of tour beginning.
You can pay in instalments.
Solo traveller? If you are a solo traveller and you don’t want to pay the single supplement we can try to match you with another solo traveller of the same gender to share the room, according to availability. If we cannot find a travel companion to share the room with you we will ask you to pay the single supplement.
If you are interested please send an email to Gianni email@example.com indicating how many guests and what type of room(s) you need (single room, double room with double bed, double room with single beds)
We will then send you by email a travel contract that you must sign, scan and return by email
Last but not least…note from Gianni: I am going to follow you along the whole process from the booking to the trail (I am one of the guides). You can reach me anytime (email, whattsapp, phone call).
It’s going to be a lot of fun!
Scroll down to see the description of the tour.
ONLY 22 CAN GO!!! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED send an email to info@walkaboutitaly and ask for a booking form.
Dr Gianni Stanghellini (Walk About Italy)
Boodskappe van vorige stap in Tuscany met Linda Kriel:
- “Amazing mense ontmoet; Sóóó lekker gelag; Ongelooflik lekker geëet & drink en regtig lekker gestap, geoefen en gesels saam met dit alles.” ~ Lientjies.
- Hierdie week het my nuwe insig gegee oor oefening & gesondheid. Linda het vir ons gewys dat jy fiks en gesond kan wees en steeds die lewe kan geniet. Ek is van vooraf gemotiveerd om my liggaam op te pas en te geniet & lief te hê & die lewe te geniet. Dit was ‘n voorreg om jou te leer ken Linda.” ~ Joanne
- “Wow… wow… wow. Dit was alles wat ek ooit kon dink of verwag het. Lekker lag en natuurlik die heerlike kos en wyn. Ek spaar nou al vir volgende jaar.” ~ Anina
- ”Hierdie toer was amazing! Alles was só goed georganiseer, baie lekker geëet en wyn gedrink. Onvergeetlike ondervinding. Ek gaan defenitief ook Amalfi doen. “ – Marli
- ”Fun Fun en weer Fun! Baie lag! Alles het my verwagtinge oortref. Amazing mense ontmoet. Dankie vir ‘n onvergeetlike tyd. Sien jou definitief in Amalfi, ongetwyfeld!” – Nina
- ”Baie dankie vir ‘n ongelooflike experience! Hard geoefen en hard gelag. Definitief ‘n nuwe motivering gekry vir oefen!” – Rentia
In this tour we cover the eastern side of the island. From the charming islet of Ortigia to the Vendicari natural reserve. From the baroque pearl of Noto to the Byzantine of Pantalica. Then we transfer to the Aeolian Island of Lipari with its stunning panoramas on the archipelagos. The Aeolian islands are still inhabited by the small local communities that preserve their fishing and agricultural economy. We will visit the Island of Vulcano, walking up to the top of the mouth of the volcano (don’t worry, it’s very safe). The last day it’s the day of the Island of Salina, probably the most authentic of all the islands; the view from the trail in the forest is amazing.
Sicily & Aeolian Islands Guided Walking Tour is a gourmet tour as well: cannoli, pasta with sardines and raisins, fried calamari, lots of vegetables combined with local Catarratto and Insolia wines will be a nice reward, at lunch and dinner.
Sicilian music will accompany the tour, as well as the encounter of local artisans.
See you in Sicily!
CAPORTIGIA BOUTIQUE HOTEL – SIRACUSA
Cleverly realized by skilled workers, the rooms of Caportigia Boutique Hotel are elegantly furnished and enriched by sophisticated details and, despite the central position they guarantee relax and tranquillity by the complete soundproofing. Equipped with new technologies and high-speed WI-FI connection, the rooms of our hotel in Siracusa are designed to guarantee to customers a regenerating sleep and a relaxing stay, thanks to the quality of beds and pillows.
PALAZZO SALOMONE – SIRACUSA
Each of our rooms and suites is distinctive, elegant and individually styled, but they are all designed to provide maximum comfort. They all have an LCD TV, outfitted with USB & HDMI for smartphones and other multimedia devices and complimentary Wi-Fi connection. Of course, each suite is equipped with individually adjustable air conditioning, a safe and a mini bar filled with drinks and local goodies. There are many more thoughtful touches: quality mattresses and pillows, crisp linens, soft bathrobes and luxury toiletries with their enchanting fragrant notes of black amber and bitter orange blossom.
AKTEA RESORT – LIPARI
Situated in a very convenient location close to the small town center of Lipari the Hotel Aktea offers all the comforts of a newly restyled hotel with swimming pool. This is going to be the base of our excursions during our stay on the Aeolian Islands.
CUTIMARE HOTEL – LIPARI
The Hotel, as all Acquacalda’s waterfront, is characterized by views of the islands of Salina, Panarea and Stromboli. From here you can enjoy wonderful sunsets that allow visitors to relax on the beach until late.